- make sure the emulation mode is set correctly
- perform a panic reset
reset the device to factory defaults by sending a SysEx dump to the unit.
- Power off the unit
- Press and HOLD the first button as indicated below
- While continuing to hold the button, power ON the unit
- The LCD will read "1.10" (the firmware version) for a short time, then "bC" for a short time
- Power OFF the unit
- The default emulation mode is now set.
- Power ON the unit
Press EDIT and keep it pressed.
Now press EXIT.
To (re)set the USB Mode on the Behringer BCF-2000/BCR-2000
Previously used Panels used for music production will often have their USB Mode changed to something other than the default. To ensure the USB Mode is set correctly, perform the following:
- Turn the Panel on and wait a few seconds for the display to read "P-1"
- Keep the EDIT key pressed and press the STORE key at the same time.
- You are now in Global Setup and can release both keys.
- You can set the USB Mode by SLOWLY turning the first encoder at the top left of the Panel. The display will cycle between U-1 thru U-4 and S-1 thru S-4.
- Turn the encoder until the display reads U-3.
- To exit Global Setup, press the EXIT key.
To reset the Behringer BCF-2000/BCR-2000 to factory defaults:
Download and unzip the file attached below called PFixer_SysEx.zip.
- The folder will contain 4 sysex files and the SysEx Librarian application (Snoize website)
- Launch the SysEx Librarian application.
Decide which SysEx file you want to send to your BCF-2000/BCR-2000:
PFixer_Panel_Preset_1.syx -- Preset 1 for the BCF-2000
PFixer_Encoder_Preset_1.syx -- Preset 1 for the BCR-2000
Drag & drop the file you want to use from the Finder into the open SysEx Librarian application window:
With the BCF-2000/BCR-2000 connected via USB to your computer, turn on the device.
In the SysEx Librarian window, select Port 1 from the list.
Make sure the device is set to Preset 1 (the LCD panel will read "P- 1").
Click the Play button in the SysEx Librarian. This will perform a SysEx dump of the selected file to your unit.
Once complete, press the Store button -- the Store button should start flashing.
To Save the new data to your device, press the Store button again.
Your device is now set up to work with PFixer.
Close the SysEx Librarian application.